These spring car care tips will help you stay safe and keep your vehicle running smooth.
Fact: 2,600 deaths a year occur from neglected vehicle maintenance. – National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration
It’s been a long, cold winter across most of the country, but spring is almost here and this is a good time to get your car back into shape after a tough season facing frigid temperatures, snow, ice, and now potholes.
Below are some spring car care tips to get your vehicle ready for the upcoming road travel season.
- Wash your car, especially the undercarriage and wheels to remove road salt and debris.
- Vacuum the vehicle’s interior and use an enzyme cleaning product to remove melted salt, snow, dirt and grime from interior surfaces.
- Replace your wiper blades.
- Check the Tire pressure and inspect tires for safety.
- Top off all vehicle fluids.
- Check air filter and replace if necessary.
- Switch out your winter tires for summer tires.